Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Yarn Order

It's here! I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks a few weeks ago and it arrived yesterday.

I ordered 9 skeins of this lovely pink color in Wool of the Andes (100% wool) in the papaya heather colorway. The plan is to make the Lilas Cardigan (ravely link).
 These skeins are only 50 g each so they seem quite a bit smaller than the kind you get at JoAnn;s...but they are super pretty and I think will be great! It's hard to tell in the pictures but there are specks of yellow and pink all the way through - kind of heathered...it's beautiful!

I also ordered some Comfy Worsted (cotton/acrylic) and the colors are stunning! This was the original reason for the order. I wanted some cotton to make a vest for Ben. I'm designing it myself and wanted to use three different colors to make a modern aran type sweater vest. I'll post more about it as I get the design worked out.

 Again, these are 50 g balls so they are quite small. I may need to order more to complete the vest.


Yeah for yarn!
♥ Julliana

No comments:

Post a Comment