Friday, April 29, 2011

FO: Summer Flies Shawl


Project:  Letom Muhi - russian for "summer flies"
Pattern:  Summer Flies
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease (Color: Cranberry)
Needles: US 8 (5.0 mm) and US 10.5 (6.5 mm)
Why you were excited about knitting this project: I've been wanting to make a shawl for a while, but wasn't sure if it was really my style. Solution: knit it for someone else! That way, I could try out lace knitting and not be "stuck" with it if I didn't like it. One problem with this plan is that I really want to keep it. I guess I'll just have to make another!
Project Details:  I decided to make this shawl for my MIL for her trip to Russia this summer. She told me that she has to cover her head in cathedrals, and that she liked the color cranberry. I actually already had this yarn in my stash so it was perfect for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment