Saturday, August 20, 2011

Latest Yarn Order

It took some planning, and thinking but I finally placed my yarn order with KnitPicks in July and received it all within about a week. I didn't want to just order willy-nilly but thought I better decide what I would make with the yarn. Here's what I'm planning.

The Damask Shawl is just so pretty, I had to try it. I got some Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn in the color "Blue Yonder."

Damask by Kitman Figueroa
I've been obsessively "favoriting" shawls recently and Whippoorwill was another on my list. I got some Stroll Sock Yarn in the colors "Buckskin" (light brown) for the main body, and "Cocoa" (darker brown) for the contrast color. These are discontinued colors so I got some of the last balls available. I hope that the brown will make it more wearable with many different outfits.

Whippoorwill by Carina Spencer
I saw the Double Helix socks in the Knitty, First Fall 2011 and knew that I had to have them. There is even a youtube video tutorial on how to make the heel. I have only make one sock (not a pair, just one) and that only to just past the heel before I stopped and ripped it out. Hopefully, I can get through both of these. I chose some Stroll Sock Yarn "Basalt Heather", a kind of purple color, and "Mustard" (discontinued). I plan on making the top of both socks the darker grey/purple color with the foot in the yellow.


Double Helix by Jeny Staiman
Finally, another shawl - surprise, surprise! For this one I chose Shadow Lace Yarn in the color "Vineyard Heather". In reading others' reviews of the pattern, the consensus seems to be that this is a rather difficult pattern but that everyone has loved how it turns out. I'm excited for the challenge and think it will be really pretty.


Rock Island by Jared Flood of brooklyntweed
I also got the book Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. It was 40% off and was got me free shipping! Like I said, the last time I knit socks, I got just past the heel (top-down) on one sock and got bored. I think that if I can knit both of them at a time then I'll be more likely to stick with it.

Finally, I got three more skeins for Ben's "Mod Man" vest...I'll post more about that as I get started on it.

I've already started making a list for my next order...I can't be stopped!

1 comment:

  1. you have a lot of beautiful projects lined up!! they are going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete