Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project Diary: Big Brother Sweater



Project:  Big Brother Sweater
Pattern: mine. based on Incredible Custom Fit Raglan.
Yarn: Premier Yarns Everyday Soft Worsted Prints (Color: Winding River)
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm)

Why you were excited about knitting this project: I wanted to make a sweater for Ben to match James' sweater. I was really excited to learn how to design my own raglan sweater. Starting with a small size made it seem more manageable.


What size you made:  To fit Ben (about 2T). 

Project Details:   I included a one button placket at the neck to accommodate the little man's huge noggin. It does the job, but I wish I would have made it deeper (so it opened bigger) so he could wear it for a longer time. I used 6 rows/rounds of garter stitch as an edging on the neck/sleeves/hem just like James sweater. I like that the yarn did most of the work to make this sweater look interesting.



♥Julliana

No comments:

Post a Comment