Thursday, June 2, 2011

FO: Modern Garden Cardi

Project:  Mother's day gift Cardigan
Pattern:  Modern Garden Cardi
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Roving (Color: CNatural)
Needles: US 15 (10 mm)
Why you were excited about knitting this project: I had never really done lace before (I started this before the shawl) and wanted to try it. I liked the graphic nature of the leaves. The large yarn made it so it was a quick knit and easy to do. It actually only took me about 3 weeks to complete this project...and another two to get around to buying and stitching on the buttons. I've had it ready for about two months and was just waiting for my mom to visit.
Project Details:  My mom seems to always be cold so this worked out perfectly for her. I was a bit concerned that it would be too big, since she wasn't around for me to try it on her. I just sized it for myself, and left it at that. I think it worked out okay.

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic on you!! what a lovely colour choice, too- it'll go with everything.

    ReplyDelete