Saturday, November 5, 2011

FO: Lilas Cardigan

Fall leaves on the ground. First snow fell today. Some fell on me from the large tree in the neighbors yard, thus the white flecks.
Project: Lilas Cardigan
Pattern: from Ravelry
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes (Color: Papaya Heather)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm)
I ordered this yarn in February and didn't even start on the knitting until May. Then, I just took my sweet time with it. I worked on in during class this summer. I worked on it a bit at home. And finally, it was done.
Then I took my sweet time getting it blocked...not until the end of September! I just wet it in the bathtub, carefully squished out some of the water before wrapping it in a bath towel. Then I put it in the washing machine spin cycle for about 20 seconds to get most of the water out. I even used my new blocking wires on it.
Part of the problem was that I made this out of wool. The yarn was nice and knit up well but it is hot! This is not a summer cardigan as the pattern (made in cotton) suggests.
But that's okay, I love it as a layering piece. I wore it to church once and I was warm even though they cranked the air conditioning. It was like wearing a blanket!
I just wear it open, because I don't quite know how to close it yet. Plus, the huge collar adds bulk to my already generous bust.
I love the color, a nice rich pink with undertones of yellow.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You did a fantastic job. Hancocks or Joannes sells some really cute large size decorative safety pins. It would look really cute just part of it pinned at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I can't get over these sweaters you are making. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete