Thursday, November 3, 2011

Give Thanks ... and eat

I'm getting ready for Fall and Thanksgiving by changing up my decorations.
I wanted some vinyl on the wall by my shelves. I only had two smallish pieces of brown to work with so, here's what I came up with.
I got it all ready to go and then, had major problems.

First, I didn't change the settings on my Cricut from when I cut out cardstock, so I cut all the way through the vinyl...Had to carefully get it on the transfer paper.

Then, when I put it up, I didn't love how the "and" was so close to the "eat". I also took off two of the dots...because I didn't place it right.

So, I used two little scraps...all I had left, to get a new "and" and dots.
I've been using a pot scrapper to help transfer the vinyl...it looks gross, but I promise its just hard water spots from the dishwasher.

And here's the final result:

You can cut this too! Just download the svg file and cut it on your Cricut. I had to split mine into two pages, one for "Give T" and another for "hanks" and the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment