Monday, June 11, 2012

Sock. Love.

Project: Scylla - my first sock!
Pattern: Scylla by Fiona Lucas
Yarn: KnitPicks Stroll Hand-Painted in "Watermelon"
Needles: US 1 / 2.25 mm


My first pair of socks is done, and I love them.


The yarn was great to work with. I didn't expect as much black but, it turned out nice. I'm thinking next time I'll go even brighter!


I changed up the pattern just a bit. Honestly, I got sick of the slipping stitch action so I worked 7 rounds plain after three repeats of the pattern. It was nice to see the color changes on plain stockinette and on the pattern.


I did 2x2 ribbing at the cuff and bound off with Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind off.


So now, I get it. I know why people love to knit socks. They are so comfy and warm.


Even my husband, Troy, admitted he wouldn't mind having some hand knit socks. Ben, my almost 4 year old, kept asking to try on the socks while I was still working on them. I guess I'll just have to make socks for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment