Thursday, May 10, 2012

FO: Dahlia Cardigan

It is finished!


Project: Dahlia Cardigan
Pattern: by Heather Zoppetti in Interweave Knits Fall 2011, on ravelry
Yarn: KnitPicks Shine Sport  (Color: Wisteria)
Needles: US 6 (4 mm)


I had to completely change it, and the only original thing is the lace panel on the back.


 I worked the two fronts seperately but at the same time on one long circular so I was sure they were the exact same. I plan to wear it open so I didn't add buttonholes. I do wish I had made the fronts about 1 inch wider, but it will work as is.
 I worked the sleeves top down from the armhole and used short-rows to shape the cap.


When I had about 4 inches left on the last sleeve my son found my knitting and broke one of the needles (!!!) a harmony wood tip from KnitPicks interchangeable set. Luckly, KnitPicks replaced it right away and after a few days I could finish it up. This will be a perfect cardigan for the summer when I need just a touch more coverage.

And, there's more knitting news...
I've submitted two designs to one magazine, one design to another, and am preparing two more for a yarn company and four more for another submission....I hope one of them gets chosen. :) Regardless, I plan to work up all these patterns and will post them on Ravelry when I finish them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment