Monday, May 7, 2012

Scrapping along...

Finally finished the first scrappy quilt top. This one is made up of disappearing nine-patch blocks and then I added some offset squares in the corners. Originally I was going to add a small, maybe 3/4" border of navy blue at this point, and then another maybe 3" gray border before getting to the binding. But now that its pieced its 58.5" wide by 71.5" long --- a pretty large lap quilt, but not quite twin sized. I really just want to get to the machine quilting part. Still need to buy the batting. I'll probably jut back it with the navy....by the way, the gray and the navy are king-size sheets I bought at the thrift store...only $5 each!
DSCN1674

The other scrap quilt is cut and pieced into small half-square-triangles, and I just need to decide how I want to lay it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment